FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - My recent (disappointing) United p.s. experience
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:59 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by TIMOS
Everyone is misunderstanding me. If you read my original post...
Perhaps you didn't write the first post they way you should've rather than *everyone else* "misunderstanding" you.

But I do think an "upgrade class" and small improvements to service (small details) could co-exist.
Now you're sounding more reasonable. E.g., telling passengers in business that they have to buy a snack form the back if they're hungry after lunch/dinner and before the 6-hour westbound flight to SFO is over is tacky.

- I think a warm hello at First Class check in at JFK would be nice. Not a "you can check yourself in - there on the touchscreen" (no hello)
Were you at the Premier/1k/GS check-in area? I don't think I've ever been ordered to do that at that counter. In the sea of crappy service that is so often life in NYC, UA's JFK folks have been pretty good to very nice almost every time I've dealt with them. Go fly DL out of JFK sometime... Better yet, a few times... And see how often it's a hassle.

- I think expecting flight attendants to say "Hi, how are you today. Welcome aboard" is not too much to ask.
And give the Europeans another chance to point out Americans' lack of sincerity...? I do find people very rarely listen for an answer when they ask how you are. A smile of acknowledgment and an eye on what's going on during boarding would be enough for me... And I find they usually do that.

Small things. Cheap things. Things that do not cost a fortune but go a long way to make me feel like UA cares and is an industry leader (well, at least ahead of US airlines)
Give them your reasonable suggestions via UALSurvey.com and/or the Premier Exec email contact at United ([email protected] or is it [email protected]?). A lead FA(/purser/whatever) encouraged me to write to UA and CO with suggestions/comments. Neither she nor I want to see p.s. flights become eh... flights.