FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Groupon - IAD parking
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2011, 3:57 pm
needtoescape

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Originally Posted by EricTheNerd
I feel like this is a better deal than the groupon I used a couple weeks ago ($10 for up to 7 days at Fairfield Inn), if only because I was mildly disappointed with the shuttle service. Hopefully Hampton has a better shuttle, I've always liked their hotels!
Yeah, I passed on that one because I need 12 days parking for an upcoming trip, and they would not allow buying/combining two groupons.

I had a pretty good experience at the Holiday Inn in Sterling earlier this year; I paid $5/day, and the shuttle was pretty efficient.

Originally Posted by scubadiver
My first experience with a park-n-fly hotel was also my last. This was at BWI not IAD. The hotel at BWI tried to overcharge us for the room. Then there was a 45 minute wait for the shuttle to the airport. (Lots of park-n-fly'ers). On the return trip the shuttle never came. Took a taxi to our car.

I hope you have better luck.
Sorry about your experience. I never really needed the "stay" part and like some of the offsite private parking lots near BWI (much better service than the BWI economy lots and not even further to the terminal).