FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to handle this...woman in my seat!
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:02 pm
pinworm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Sunny 1
LOVE "wharvey"'s post! This is priceless! Also, you were now a whole cabin away from the squatter!^
I also love the idea (if made to sit in the middle seat) of many potty breaks. That may make her reconsider future "squats".
Though, if the squatter's original seat was the middle seat and she was simply moved there, next to you, I'm guessing the relocated squatter would have made that 3 hour flight most uncomfortable for you.
Anyway, you were a REALLY good sport and should not have been taken advantage of like that.
I have had poachers that I made move out of my seat do this. Get up every 5 minutes for no apparent reason. When this happened to me last summer in F on a USAirways flight, I took some ice cubes out of my drink when she was gone and put them into her purse.

It may not have been mature, but trust me, she richly deserved it. It began with her sitting in 2C (my assigned seat) instead of 2D and when I confronted her she said "You snooze, you lose!". I kept staring at her and she moved. Then when the FA came around to take preflight orders she ordered an Arnold Palmer. The FA started to tell her they did not make that anymore and she cut the FA off with "Just ....ing make it, the last one did". Worse, when she got the drink, she handed it back saying it was too sweet and told the FA to make it again. She got on her phone and made a point of saying to whomever she was speaking that "This dork" (me) "Came late and made me move..so rude". Then the constant getting up started...to mess with her bag in the overhead, to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes. She's lucky that ice was all I dumped into her Louis Vitton bag. I had considered stomping on the bag a few times too.

Last edited by pinworm; Jun 20, 2011 at 1:14 pm