FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Washington DC [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:03 am
roder

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt LT Global Elitist, Bonvyoed LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
While I didn't stay at this hotel, I did go to brunch at POV on Sunday morning, and I was not impressed and wanted to warn for others staying at the hotel.

First off, 80% of the seating is "lounge style"-- couches, small tables, low chairs. Not exactly ideal eating environment.

Second, for $40 per person, you get a) one hot entree which all sounded good but all came out lukewarm, small, and overall very disappointing; b) the buffet, which only consisted of a couple of different croissants/bread, fruit/berries, yogurt, granola, and desserts and c) Unlimited Bellinis or Bloody Mary's, which were good, but since our waitress was consistently nowhere to be found, so it was difficult to get refills.

The view from the roof is fantastic and the drinks are good, but the service was abysmal and the food was a huge let down.

I didn't bother asking our waitress about SPG points for dining there, but did request at the front desk who were more than accommodating.