FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AXON Hilton Honors Award Questions and Information: The Definitive Thread
Old Jun 20, 2011, 10:02 am
JDiver
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
In my experience, this has been pretty common. I think rather than being a glitch, this probably documents some way the hotel is not penalized for our paying fewer points. It has certainly never caused me any problems at all, and my most recent AXONs have the combined ressie / reward certificate with the annotations

Reward Code:AXON7N

Description: 4 NIGHTS AMEX CREDIT CARD OFFER, and

Rate Information:
Rate Type:
HHONORS REDEMPTION
Total Rate for Stay (in points): 145,000

So, they may have straightened this out with the new redemption process (no separate certificate and no cert need be presented)?
Originally Posted by beltway
A question for anyone who has booked an AXON award (cat 6 or 7) in the past year or so: Did you receive an email confirmation, and if so, did that email state the correct number of points used for the award?

I ask because one member has told me that on a recent AXON6 award, the email he received reflected an incorrect, higher point cost. (The actual deduction was supposedly correct, however.) If this is a recurring Hilton glitch, that seems like something worth documenting.