FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2011, 5:37 am
nowinyow

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
I use my nexus primarily for air travel between Canada and the U.S. I have one customer I have visited 2 times where the distance and travel times makes car travel more efficient. Both times crossing into the U.S. and showing my nexus card, I've been pulled in for secondary. And both those times, the agent informed my my nexus card was invalid. (??) I have my passport and was able to gain entry regardless. However, when traveling back into Canada I've shown my card with no issues. On one occasion, there was no one in line behind me so I inquired with the border guard agent. He scanned my nexus again and said it looked good to him. I've called GOES and they report my card is in good standing, but yet I was again called in for secondary because of this reported issue.
Anyone else have similar issues? On a side note, I've been told that when entering back into Canada using an airport scanner, the receipt I receive has the letter V on it, which I was told means Visitor. A few times while traveling back into Canada or leaving, I've gone by the nexus office but it's always closed.
??