FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I won the "trip to anywhere in the world" (up to $20k)! So...where should we go?!
Old Jun 18, 2011, 3:12 pm
BettyKat

Programs: ALLLLLLL of them. Well, most...
I'm not opposed to Asia, but our roommate (who is from Indonesia and been to almost every country in Asia except Korea I believe...is in Asia now for 6 weeks...) said even if they let us tour many countries, it would just be too difficult to spend the money.

Plus, his other argument was simple: if we really wanted to tour Asia, we could do it ourselves very cheaply and still "middle class" or even in some places "high end" WITHOUT spending a fortune...and if we really want this to be the trip of a lifetime, the money is better spent elsewhere.

In fact, Tahiti was MY number one suggestion and he had a similar argument against it: a beach is a beach and he has been to Seychelles, etc., and he says in the end, how are you going to spend $20k sitting on a beach?

(Hence my question to the agent if they will, e.g., let us fly over there and then hop on a cruise that goes around Australia, New Zealand, French Polynesia, etc....awaiting a reply)

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
Singapore, and SPLURGE as hell

At least that's what I would do