FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Caught with undeclared goods/food/fruit. Will Global Entry/NEXUS be revoked?
Old Jun 17, 2011, 10:22 pm
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Since my carry-on has a collection of cookies and such from various airport lounges in the US, I've made a habit of just declaring YES on the food question because I can't remember what's there and what's gone...at least the Canadian side doesn't ask about "Food", but rather breaks the question down into items which are actually problematic, like meat, fruit, vegetables, etc.

CBP *really* needs to update that question on the form and not get so uppity about boxed candies, cookies, etc.

I will admit to buying Chinese buns in Toronto that contain sausage, cheese and other meats and declaring them as "pastries", but I won't do that anymore since I have Nexus....if they find a sausage, I'm in bigger trouble than if they found it during a routine check in the regular line.

I wonder if there is an appeal option for the OP...it wasn't like they were trying to conceal it...it was an honest mistake.