FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Circle Pacific on oneworld: CGK-HKG-YVR-JFK-LAX-MEL-SYD-CGK
Old Jun 17, 2011, 9:50 pm
quirrow

Programs: FlyingBlue | Krisflyer | SPG | HHonors
Originally Posted by oontiveros
I am in CGK now and am planning a RTW or Circle Pacific trip as you did from here in Sept. Could you tell me where you booked and how much the tix was from here?

I am not too familiar with OW as am a *A guy normally, though I have done the CX trip in biz from here to JFK via YVR in that same seat on your report. As I am 194cm, etc, I found the CX seat to be restrictive and barely wider than my shoulders. Wouldn't do it again. Would be open to the new biz seat though.
I got the Circle Pacific ticket issued at CX's office in the Bursa Efek Jakarta Building, and t was between US$6-7k last year, not sure what the prices are now...

*A's service to YVR is a bit 2nd-class IMO compared to OW since SQ doesn't fly ICN-YVR anymore, the new CX business looks great though and should already be operating the HKG-YVR-JFK route, and someone made a post of it doing the CGK-HKG run too, so if you're really lucky maybe you can get it on all 3 routings!

Originally Posted by Genius1

I'm a big fan of QF's Business service, particularly on the A380. I particularly enjoy their Business catering, although would agree with you that your main course looks very rare indeed - verging on raw, in fact! I think I would have sent that back and opted for something else from the menu. I love QF's pre-order breakfast service in Business.
Yup, QF's service in Business was amazing, and as for that meal, I wasn't too hungry since it was supper, so I just left it. And the b'fast pre-order was really nice, since they really take note of your preferences. In fact I would rate my flight in QF's A380 J higher than my flight in CX's B747 J, mainly for the cabin ambience, service onboard and overall experience.