FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brit's mileage fetish - A trip report
View Single Post
Old May 7, 2002, 1:56 am
777Brit

Programs: AA/UA/BA
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by yyzflyer:
Thanks for the great report! Just two months to first family trip to Britain on AA, and we are taking 67 on the return. I was really glad to hear you had good service, as we've upgraded to Business on this flight. A question: Are you aware of problems exchanging mileage certificates for the upgrades at LHR? Also, I'm assuming you're an Admiral's Club member? I've read/heard different theories on access for non-members when flying Business. I'm still not sure whether we'll have access at LHR and ORD on our return day.</font>
I've never had a problem exchanging certificates at LHR, but the agents there seem to think that there's always a problem!

I'm not an Admiral's Club member. When you're travelling in Business or First Class, your booking is annotated with the word 'CLUB'. The agent merely needs to verify this and you're allowed in. I'm AA Platinum, so that lets me use the Club when I travel internationally anyway, regardless of the class of service. If you've upgraded LHR-ORD-XXX in J and F, you can use the club.