FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired] New Alaska BofA signature visa 40,000 mile signup offer (maybe targeted)
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:39 pm
jackal
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by ANC RED-EYE
AS/BofA was a little late in the game coming to the 20 - 25K signup bonus offers some years ago. I wonder if this is a sign that they're going to be a little late in the game of coming to the table with 75-100K signup bonus offers. It appears that they still aren't waiving the fee for the first year...which just about everyone else does.

I'm embarrassed to admit that the bonus was a whopping 5K when I signed up for the card years ago...
Agree wholeheartedly. BofA (or AS, whoever controls that--though my $ would be on BofA) seems relatively stingy with the sign-up bonuses. Maybe they figure that AS cardholders are kind of a captive crowd--if you live in (or travel to) Alaska or the PNW, you're pretty much resigned to AS as your primary airline. So, offer just enough bonus miles to get existing Mileage Plan members interested in the card, but they don't necessarily need enough to convince someone to switch from a competing program.

In any case, I, too, was the victim of the paltry 5K bonus. You're not alone.