FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The St. Regis Bahia Beach Resort, Puerto Rico [Master Thread]
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:41 am
Family Traveler

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Thank you for the fantastic report, Family Traveler, and welcome to FT!

Question - did you try the tasting menu at Fern? Was there anything that was outstanding? I looked at the menu online earlier, and the prices do not seem exorbitant for a resort.

We're heading here for our honeymoon the first week of August. We're about to move to Washington DC, so wanting to go somewhere not too far, on the beach, hot, and hopefully not too crowded. We're also using 5 free resort nights.

I got a nice email a few hours ago, unsolicited, with a "Preferred Request" form, a spa menu, and a chauffeur menu. I plan to fill out the request form, submit it, and then call to follow up.
My wife and I did have the tasting menu one of the nights while my in-laws were watching our son....thought it was a very good value actually and well executed overall...I recall the English pea soup (had it all three times) and one other dish as being in the outstanding category (don't recall it specifically) and the other courses as being very good....good amount of food (a bit too mich for my wife so I was "forced" to finish some of her courses.

We started the evening by sitting outside downstairs...looking out over the lawn to the ocean at sunset, with a bottle of Champagne...very romantic and relaxing....we didn't since we knew we were going to do the tasting menu, but you can order appetizers down there (actually you can order the whole meal if you want to down there or on the beach or wherever else you want to).

Hope you have a great time!