FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to Redeem Your SkyMiles on Virgin Australia Business Class
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:31 am
Air Brian

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
Is there a max number of days from which VA will release inventory? I just created a Velocity account and was able to see 2 Biz awards from LAX-SYD for Mid-Feb 2012 but the Delta agent, who seemed very knowledgable (MN Accent so perhaps the North MN call center?) but she was unable to see the availibility.

Updated: I called a third time and found an agent who was able to make BNA-ATL-LAX-SYD-LAX work in F/Biz for 150k miles on the dates I listed above that the first two couldn't make work. This was her first VA booking and she called a manager in the "Int'l Depart" and I sat there as she received instruction.

The LAX-x-BNA, had I booked in F would have added 70k to it and Y 61.5k. I'll try and change that later or just buy an AA or SW ticket. Delta would have been 370k for the r/t. Thanks for this thread! btw - the agent was pretty hard on Delta for their mileage rates. Said she gets tired of hearing that plats and diamonds have so much trouble.

Last edited by Air Brian; Jun 14, 2011 at 10:36 am