FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:22 pm
PETERPNYC

Programs: Spg Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by tangoll
santander, thanks for all your updates. I imagine the TK prem econ seat must be similar to the Eva Air PE seat -- 38 inch pitch, slightly more recline that econ seat, but ultimately, not a good enough seat for sleeping. A 2-3-2 configuration on the TK flight a slight improvement over the Eva 2-4-2 configuration of their 747 plane. But I'll bet the Taiwan FA's are younger, better looking, sweeter, and more attentive.

I'm thinking of the 6 hour wait at IST to and from LAX, and based on your comments, dreading it already. I don't have status on any of the *A airlines, but I do have Priority Pass so can use their lounge. But not expecting much. Hopefully, there'll be a shower.

I fly that route in Jan 2012.
I was at the lounge last week and suggest you make a right hand turn when you enter airpport to go to I believe it is CIM lounge. There are 2 listed but the one to the left was closed for repairs and they were only admitting some pasengers flying First class on TK to use it? I used the First class lounge on the second floor to the far right away from gates 10-13 ,

There were more than one lounge there, and they accepted my priority pass in one of them . It was a First Class lounge if I remember correctly
I feel certain there was not shower as it was very small, but staffed by a knockout Turkish Gal .