FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Targeted]No Fee 1st yr. American Express Gold Card 75,000 Bonus Reward Points Signup
Old Jun 13, 2011, 2:16 pm
TTBHG

Programs: DL FO
Originally Posted by Andy-P
I signed my wife and myself up for the 25,000 point gold card offer in late May (don't recall the exact date), and today before activating them called 1-800-297-3276 and told the CSR that I'd heard about a better offer. This was around 5pm EST, Friday, and she sounded American. She asked for the specific offer code, and when I told her #5894 she immediately bumped me and my wife up to the 75,000 point promotion. It was easy, but I think you should have the code when you call in.

This is exactly the same thing that i did with my wife today. Applied for it for her a week or two ago. The card came in today and asked for the better offer while activating, they put her on hold for a minute or two and came back and said it was approved.

I might buy a $500 gift card with her card tonight to get the spend met. I would like to get her points before the 40% transfer to BA expires. Between the points I already have and what she will have after the transfer bonus is applied. We are going to book a trip to Europe on BA in F. Isn't the credit card game fun? Two first class tickets to Europe for the price of 2 credit pulls and some YQ. Couldn't be happier.