FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No longer accepting Koru Club guest passes
Old Jun 12, 2011, 3:49 am
skyglow1

Programs: Air NZ Airpoints
Originally Posted by kiwibigdave
Always a pleasure to jump on this bandwagon ...

cavemanzk, I am sure your views as a 21 year old are exactly the same as the vast majority of all 21 year olds with their own access rights to lounges, but if you ever have the joy of children of your own then your view will change. The increased tolerance will be just part of your growing up.

And, for me, these sum up the entire issue. Yes, some children are badly behaved or food fussy and their parents might apply a little more control in controlled environments. And yes, some adults in lounges appear to amplifiy their mobile phone voice or drink more than others. But most people are not like that, and tarring everyone in the category with the same brush is [select your answer from a scale that starts at 'ignorant' and ends at 'unfair'].
Interesting that you point out 'tarring everyone in the category with the same brush is ignorant/unfair and yet make a comment that cavemanzk's views are "exactly the same as the vast majority of all 21 year olds with their own access rights to lounges", all in the same post.

It also doesn't exactly help to make your post sound patronizing by talking of cavemanzk 'growing up'.

For what it's worth, I have no problem at all with children in KC. The majority of them are well behaved and their parents make sure they understand its a privilege that they're allowed in there, not a right. I feel the same way about my own lounge access.

Last edited by skyglow1; Jun 12, 2011 at 4:10 am