FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)
Old Jun 11, 2011, 3:04 pm
Potreroflyr

Originally Posted by SQueeze
You booked from Expedia and managed to get the outbound date changed through TK directly?
Yes, exactly as I stated. I assume you're confused about whether or not to be happy for me?

Originally Posted by g_leyser
Wow, you're super lucky. I have been told no 4 times now...

What did you say/do? Just simply asked to change dates, and they said "sure, no problem."???
The first time I called I cited my ticket number...the agent went away for a bit...then said he couldn't find the rules for the fare and that I would have to call Expedia (paraphrasing).

The second time I used my record locator, which was a challenge given the poor connection and the agent's limited language skills. He verified the existing dates...then I told him I wanted the same flights (obviously) but one week later. Then he went away to check. Incidentally, I was pulling up my ticket on the TK website the whole time. He finally came back and then I also noticed my ticket reflected the changes. ^ The agent never mentioned the rules, nor Expedia. Maybe he was reluctant to ask given the language issues? I also managed to get seat assignments (still giving out Biz seats on HKG-IST, even though it's CC). I'm assuming I just got lucky...I made sure to try and say thanks in Turkish!