Old Jun 10, 11, 7:01 am
notsosmart
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Currently in Bloomington, IN, but Normally NYC, CDG, and even POZ or wherever FT takes me.
Programs: Northwest Airlines. MTA pay-per-ride Metrocard; zero-balance Oyster card.
Originally Posted by number_6 View Post
Check the refrigerator pan -- that is a great source of mold, and often over-looked. Presuming you didn't move the fridge from the old apt, and didn't clean the new one. That would explain the lack of people effect while still rapidly contaminating food.
Good idea. I've bleached everything so far, as YVR suggested, but haven't really disinfected the fridge, as it appears pretty clean. (Although it wasn't new when I moved in).

Originally Posted by Tizzette View Post
In recent years common household mold has become big business. There's a lot of money to be made remediating mold when the general public can be "educated" to believe that any water damage means mold spores are lurking in the HVAC and behind the the walls and that this, and only this, is making people sick. That the symptoms are the same as the common cold or that the pollen count is high couldn't be the reason. Not when everybody who goes for allergy testing tests positive to mold and a few think it kind of fun creating some drama with the landlord. It is evidence of the hysteria about mold that people here are suggestiing that the landlord should take care of it, even mentioning taking it down to the studs, when the posting was only about bread mold. That kind of talk just feeds the hysteria.
Yea, that's not us. It's just the food that ticks me off. I want to be able to keep bread for longer than a day or two, dagnit. Well, today I'm baking, so we'll see how that goes.