FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Sapphire Preferred is now 40K [$3000 in 3 months]
Old Jun 9, 2011, 10:22 am
mnscout

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Reconsideration

I applied for the card on the 1st. Got a pending application and went on my trip. Returned yesterday and found a denial letter with "too many requests for credit or opened accounts with us". I recently received Continental and Priority (Priority just a month ago) so was not very suprised to receive that answer. I called the number in this thread and mentally prepared myself to answer the questions that other FT members have reported. However, to my pleasant surprise, the guy just put me on hold and then adviced that he approved the application, and that I would receive the card within 7-10 business days. Just $8,000 credit line, but who cares!

I intend to start charging all my new Chase CCs for more than just required spending. It makes solid common sense besides just being grateful for their generosity. Those guys are not stupid and we need to give something in return if we want those deals to keep coming.