FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Chatwal, New York City (No Longer a Marriott Hotel)
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:56 pm
JFKSFOLAX_friend
Suspended

Originally Posted by cokaer
Only real complaint is how the spg platinum upgrades work. I didn't make an issue of it during my prior stays, but I noticed on the website that although several really nice looking suites were available when I checked in, I wasn't upgraded to one. For example, last time I checked at about 7 pm in the eve, I wasn't overly impressed with my room so I logged on the website right after checking in. It reflected that there were various one bedroom and two bedroom suite options that were available to book. While its theoretically possible those rooms may not have been ready at the time I was checking in, that seems unlikely. And it made me wonder if they're just stingy about suite upgrades. Anyone have better experience getting upgraded to one of the interesting suites identified on the website?
Interesting. When you brought up the issue to hotel management, what was their reply?

(What I am trying to say: if you think the property is not following Platinum protocol, you should press them on the issue. Who knows? You might get upgraded. And, theoretically, you may help Platinums that stay in the future if the problem is addressed.)