FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lake Louise or Banff Springs
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:38 pm
nerdkiller

Programs: UA Plat
Lake Louise or Banff Springs

Hey all,

Looking to spend 3 nights in Banff with my girlfriend after a weekend at stampede. Trying to decide between the 2. We're looking to do outdoors stuff and maybe an afternoon at the spa. We love to eat but there's lots of that happening at stampede already. I'm 32 she's 25, got no kids, not interested in shopping, not much sitting around. Nightlife isn't important after a weekend at stampede.

Both places are pricey and from what I've read both are overrun with tour bus groups. I'm leaning towards Lake Louise due to, duh, the lake. I looked into Lake Moraine Lodge which looks almost perfect but it's $607 / night. A Lakeview room at CLL is $450, and mountain view room at Banff Springs is similar. Size of the room isn't an issue, tho I'm willing to pay the extra for the great view and tho less dated and crusty rooms, which it seems can be an issue.

The banff springs buildings look more interesting, tho in the end we're there to be outdoors. Is Lake Louise an actual old historic hotel, or is it just designed to look like Banff Springs.

Ugh this is hard, both look great. Tell me what to do.

We will leave Calgary monday morning and have a flight back to New York Thursday at noon.

Last edited by nerdkiller; Jun 7, 2011 at 2:45 pm