FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]
Old Jun 7, 2011, 2:22 pm
liamlpa

Programs: UA Prem. Exec, DL Platinum, VA Gold, CO Gold, US Plat
Would never stay at parker palm springs again

Just stayed there on business and my entire group had a TERRIBLE experience.

1) The rooms were 'fluffed' since the property was taken over by starwood/meridian. This meant new paint, carpet and furniture--but it's the same grime-ridden tile in the bathrooms and everything just still feels TIRED.

2) The TINY pool remains the same--seriously, why bother?

3) Room service is slow and doesn't check the accuracy of orders (they are quick to charge but seem to always 'forget' something). Similarly, there is only one restaurant--and the portions are grotesquely huge, the prices are high, and the quality is marginal. Also many in my group commented that if you aren't gay, female or painfully hip, prepare to be ignored.

4) But the real problem here is the TERRIBLE management and LOUSY front desk staff. Three people in our group were EXPLICITLY promised the day prior to check out that they would get late check out (we had a block of rooms including large suites). The following morning these people learned that they had been LIED to by front desk management, and were treated incredibly rudely (including our client who is the head of a major company). Another person in our group was PHYSICALLY GRABBED by another manager because they were walking past a wedding that was about to start--this was a main walkway to the front desk area and management failed to put up any signs indicating that a wedding was in progress. Management later stated that it is their policy to post staff rather than post signs and the manager in question totally LIED and said that the guest 'bumped into him'. Seriously, since when is it ok to manhandle a guest? Requests, large and small were totally DROPPED by management. And these are only a few of the many, many, examples Le Parker Palm Springs totally inept, very snobby, and decidedly amateur management and front desk staff. And any of you thinking that your gold or platinum status will actually matter to them...or the fact that you are spending A LOT of money....think again. When expressing displeasure at the situation, the front desk manager responded 'we have movie stars stay here'. Wow.....does anyone really care?

5) The only positives I can say are that the spa staff are great. So to is John at the concierge desk--HE should be running the joint. And the grounds at the property are really beautiful. But none of this is enough to make a repeat stay here remotely tempting.

Unless you feel like being ripped off, treated poorly and enjoy mediocre food served in a setting of posers, I'd take my business elsewhere.