FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Enhancement: No more op-ups from cheaper fare buckets
Old Jun 6, 2011, 6:09 am
Lack

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Q is usually 30-40EUR more expensive per leg than V which itself is 100 EUR more expnsive than the low fares. Some examples:
Keep in mind, that the more you pay for the fare, the more fuel the plane burns somehow and the YQ also jumps.

Originally Posted by volta
LH is disappointing more and more. From BOS-MUC/FRA I had a pretty good chance for op-ups and as I have to book through company intranet/TA, I never get to choose the booking class. It is just cheapest economy (even have to write explanation why I want to use particular routing and not the suggest, and much cheaper, via RKV).
Over the last two years I've had zero op-ups on this route, but I was traveling incognito (*G) and usually the load was pretty low in eco, a couple times I even had a whole row for myself to stretch out.
Not counting the stupid A346 seat block and apron position for widebodiese, those 7h hops are perfectly survivable in Y, especially for 500 USD RT and 200% miles credit elsewhere.