FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [*CLOSED*] Four Points Sihlcity, Zurich, Switzerland [Master Thread]
Old Jun 5, 2011, 4:19 am
heakja

Just got back home from a three night stay at this hotel.

As Zurich is very expensive, I was very happy to get a decent prepaid rate some weeks ahead of arrival.

We arrived very late (11pm), but the platinum recognition at check in was outstanding: "Welcome mr. heakja, let me see if we have a suite available for you. Yes, we do." As it turned out, we got one of the very few (I think) senior suites. (Room 319, on the SPG floor).

The suite was excellent laid out, with comfy beds and a big bathroom. As a light-sleeper (and lightsensitive), I just LOVED the curtains with the velcro solution. Why doesnt all SPG hotel have those?? It was also very quiet, the windows were sound proof.

The hotel felt very modern and fresh. I have only stayed in a few other 4PS, but as an example it is IMO in another league than the 4PS Chelsea New York.

The location has it pros and cons. Its smack in the middle of a new shopping area, which I actually liked a lot. (Cafes etc. very close by for an early or late snack). Both tram and train very close - the ride to downtook took only minutes. However, if you like to walk to the main attractions, this hotel might not be your cup of tea. (That said, the 30 minute-ish walk along the river to downtown is kind of nice).

Didnt try the breakfast - as mentioned, starbucks and a decent chocolatier next door. The restaurant seemed pretty empty most of the time, but the bar looked like a trendy spot both night and day.

Highly recommended.