FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)
Old Jun 4, 2011, 10:40 pm
Santander

Programs: UA 1K, AZ Exec, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by rruaco
I really like the HKG RCC.
I haven't been to even close to all the RCC's but HKG is definitely nice. The lounge agents were super friendly and cute (lol). Food yesterday was pretty good too, not amazing but decent enough variety.

Originally Posted by thaidai
santander+bertuzzi thanks for your posts ^^ please update with comfort class IST report , got 2 trips booked for 2012..miles to AC/Aeroplan 110%(i believe) cheers TD
I was truly impressed with Comfort Class, other than lounge access and priority check-in/boarding it felt almost like C. Seats were nice (although the control were a little weird, if only they were power seats), and service was what you'd expect in C. The seats were quite comfortable with plenty of legroom and easy to sleep in. The personal IFE wasn't what I am used to on CX/AC, but it wasn't bad.

The food was on real plates/cups with metal cutlery, warm towels, pretty good amenity kit with slippers, etc. As for the meal itself, I had the noodle dish which was a little bit disappointing but all of the salads and side dishes were well presented. I enjoyed the sliced meat/avocado salad appetiser. Overall I'd rate it not only comparable to domestic C, but it is nearly as good as international C on some carriers. I'd consider flying in Comfort Class again for sure if my travels take me back to Istanbul.