FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:02 pm
idainc

Originally Posted by GregL
My personal opinion is that the AA "rules" are reasonable. Even after 14 hour flights I take enough time to at least ensure my bags are intact.

To put a claim in ten days later (regardless of if you didn't realize the damage immediately or you didn't want to pay to contact AA) is unreasonable.

Especially when you admit the bag was a cheap piece of luggage.

Greg

But in the end, a conciliatory note with maybe 5K miles, would have probably prevented this thread and helped keep a customer of what seems to be a carrier in decline. Like I said, they are totally tone deaf.

IMHO, they seem to be regularly presented with opportunities to improve their perceived image and with remarkable regularity hide behind a rule book as an excuse to handle themselves the way they do. All too common in CS now.

As an aside, I placed an on line order for $47 with Old Navy and called to question how long it was taking to get it out the door. Their answer - You're right, this is slow and here's a $25 cert to encourage you to order with us again.

I have a WN flight on Tuesday. Point made.