FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:52 pm
BigBopper

Programs: AA EXPlt, SPG Plt, Nat EE
Originally Posted by JumboD
I didn't actually notice the damage until I checked into my hotel at LHR. I don't sleep on planes, so after a 9.5hr overnight flight, with about an hour of sleep total, I wasn't paying much attention until I got to my room. As I was flying out of T5 the next day on BA, I didn't want to go to the airport an extra hour early just so I could go to T3, file a report and then go back to T5. The glass of scotch I got to enjoy with breakfast in the BA F lounge was worth almost as much as the bag .

As for not using aa.com on my phone, I'd have done just that, or found a coffee shop with wifi if I'd known that the 7 day mark was the special cutoff (had no idea and wasn't particularly focused on it). I just figured since my request was for such minor compensation, and I had pictures if they wanted them, they'd probably say sorry, throw me a few miles and be done with it (as they've done over even lesser issues in the past).
For the future, there's free wifi and computers in the BA lounge. You can send the email while you enjoy your scotch.

Having said that, I agree that it's pretty much like pulling teeth getting AA CS to treat you like an individual and show any empathy.