FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NRT-HKG-LHR-NRT 7/29 - 8/2 Very Long
View Single Post
Old Aug 7, 1999, 9:56 am
nathan detroit
In Memoriam

Shadow: What's SuperElite? 1K? ExPlat? Nah, I have long wanted to fly around the world, like Rex Harrison in "Around the World in 80 Days," and I have postponed it twice now, 97 and 99, so '00's the year. I could cash in miles, I suppose, what with 3/4 a a million in AA, LH, and UA, but I'll keep them now that they do not expire in the hope that I can use them before I expire. If not, my kids will have a few good trips. I've made my PremEx for '00 and will do it again for '01

with this trip and a couple of others to Europe as well as domestic and I guess I can afford the ticket because my undertaker friend tells me that he does not sew pockets into shrouds so I can't take it with me. And I really cannot bear the thought of Y for 23K miles. Now if StarAlliance will throw a 50 or 100K bonus, I will make that easily by adding one hop to Toronto in AC and even a short hop on Varig if it will put me at the 100 level. Add those miles to the 55K or so I get for the long trip and I've done better than four weeks in Florida in my off season.

A I nuts? Probably but's it's been that way for me since I was 17 and went off to fly the Berlin airlift. Maybe I should change my name to Dr. Kookie instead of Nathan Detroit.