FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NRT-HKG-LHR-NRT 7/29 - 8/2 Very Long
View Single Post
Old Aug 4, 1999, 11:40 pm
mgm

One thing I forgot to mention was that the crew said CX would not begin advertising the new first class until at least half of the 747-400's were refitted (estimated to be late 2000). Apparently they were burnt when they introduced the personal entertainment system in all classes and had a lot of complaints when passengers got on planes without the system. The best way to check if the aircraft you are on is a new configuration is to ask how many seats are in first. The new has 12 and the old has 16 or 18 I think.

And another thing that dissapointed me with BA. I asked if they had any stationary on board as I needed to write a couple of notes and put them in envelopes. Turns out they used to have very nice sets for First passengers but they no longer carry them - part of the cost cut backs the FA said. Even in the bathrooms they have downgraded to Body Shop products (don't get me wrong I like Body Shop but they used to have the more upmarket Crabtree & Evelyn range. Mind you I think QF has the best amenities, by Orlane).

[This message has been edited by mgm (edited 08-05-1999).]