FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you always tell co-workers where you go on leisure trips?
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:37 pm
KoKoBuddy

Originally Posted by Athena53

ETA another reason: I want the people in our offices outside of North America to know that people my office, located in a non-tourist destination in the Midwest, have worldviews beyond the prairie. One of my US-based co-workers, old enough to have been an adult when the Berlin Wall collapsed, once asked our colleagues in Munich, "so, how did there get to be an East Germany and a West Germany?" I wanted to sink under the table. My co-workers in Europe know that I can do more than order dinner in German, I follow news podcasts in 4 languages, and not only can I locate Dubrovnik on a map, I've piloted a kayak around the city walls. It helps fight stereotypes.
With such talents, surely you should ditch that silly midwestern company and aspire to higher office. Say what are you doing between 2013 and 2017? The country can't afford to waste your 4 language podcast listening talents ant longer!!

It's hilarious how you want to fight stereotypes yet you perpetuate the "all Americans (but you of course) that don't live within 15 miles of an ocean are inbred, uneducated hicks who don't know nothin' about no Berlin Walls" stereotype yourself.