FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Parker Méridien Palm Springs [Master Thread]
Old Jun 1, 2011, 10:11 pm
hardfour

Programs: UA 1P, Delta GM, SPG Platinum, Priority Club Platinum
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Platinum members: I hear that Parker Palm Springs will be offering 30 minutes of free tennis in exchange for the HSIA portion of their resort fee.

I encourage anyone to either take full advantage of this, or tell the GM your opinions of their property's participation (or lack of) in the SPG program.
I just returned from a 3 night award stay at the Parker. Beautiful property and I was very pleased with the service, but no Platinum recognition to speak of. I received no room upgrade, which I can understand as it was Memorial Day weekend, but when I checked in my status was not acknowledged and when I inquired about the alternative amenity for the resort fee the check-in agent didn't know what I was talking about. I also had to go through some hoops to get a late check out, though I was eventually granted one.

All the above being said, I really liked the property. Staff were generally very friendly and responsive, and the grounds are wonderful. Normas, though a tad overpriced, is excellent. I definitely plan to return at some point.