FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do you always tell co-workers where you go on leisure trips?
Old May 31, 2011, 9:46 pm
Ancien Maestro
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by drat19
My personal experience has been in the latter two scenarios I listed...co-worker morale or office gossip-mill. I've never been let go over my ability to do more during my leisure time than others, BUT, I could see where a resentful boss with decision-making ability and his own financial/family problems might have the thought go through his/her mind if all other things are equal. So, better to give fewer details and keep everything "more equal".
Hmm.. interesting..

In our office we talk about leisure.. and somewhat surprisingly, each has their opinion about what to do in their off hours..

The other day I was talking how we're going to be taking another 3 1/2 week trip to Mayan Riviera/SoCal.. and basically one person couldn't understand that I had to use up all my incentives, and basically I'm paying Best Western Rates at Fairmonts, and how my flight is free.. his comment was if I stayed home I would save money..

Actually in reality, I would be spending more money frequenting hotels within the area as it'll be high season.. Costs me less to go to Fairmont in the Riviera Maya, and 3 Fairmonts in SoCal