FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Deteriorating English-language speaking ability of FAs
Old May 31, 2011, 2:01 pm
Sarkir

Originally Posted by HKG_Flyer1
This would explain sarkir's observation (which I have also noticed), that the FAs on Air China seem to have superior English language speaking ability-- in China, being an FA is a great job!

About a year ago, I was on flight from Europe to Beijing. I was in first class(upgraded from business). Just before landing, one of the three first class FAs handed me a card with her name and number printed on it. She also wrote her own cell number on it and the words "Please call me in Beijing if you need anything, I'd be glad to help. Have a great time... hope I can be part of it" Her English penmanship would put John Hancock to shame.

I thought she was interested in me personally or something... then I noticed that she gave the same card to the other 4 passengers as well. (all male) I chatted with another fellow first class passenger in immigration line. He said he also got the same card with the same writings on it. He told me that it was normal. I never did call... and to this day, I'm still wondering what she really meant, or would of done, if I did call.