FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Waldorf Astoria New York {US-NY}
Old May 31, 2011, 1:24 pm
MorganB

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by JerseySlime
I cannot argue with your experience at the Diamond Desk/Office, but it certainly wasn't mine. I had to go back down to the office in order to get the "breakfast" coupon at Starbucks after overhearing folks on the elevator mentioning it. Maybe the lady in the office was having a bad day, but I was not offered the breakfast coupon on my first visit and I was never offered the waters or the breakfast upgrade. Only thing I got on my initial visit were the drink coupons, nothing else.
Wow I certainly hope your experience isn't the new norm!

I've stayed about 5 times at the W=A as a Diamond and have always been offered all perks without asking , excluding room upgrades which I have always done via NOR 1 because I like getting suites and am willing to pay. Maybe it was an off day for the Diamond Desk when you went. They've always been very welcoming and helpful to me. I hope the service isn't sliding because I think that is one of the best things about this hotel. The rooms generally are a bit on the shabby worn side but always very clean and for those that enjoy historical buildings of architectural interest the W=A fits the bill but I do agree that it is not what I would consider a premier property.