FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SEN for a £129? BHX-ZRH-BCN-ZRH-BHX with Swiss and Helvetic
Old May 30, 2011, 11:01 am
Kevincm

Programs: Mucci, BMI*G, M&M SEN, FB Gold, PC Plat, Father of GhettoIFE
Part II - SEN Lounge, ZRH-BCN.

Back to ZRH.

ZRH

A short drive later, and we were dropped off near the bottom of check-in 2, which was then a short walk to check-in 1 and then pass boarding pass compliance, and then off to a lounge

Swiss Senator Lounge

My timing seemed to be perfect – as soon as I arrived, the lounge opened for the morning. Very timely even by standards.

I was welcomed and invited in the Senators side of the lounge – which lets face it – is bloody nice. Nice plush chairs, Well lit (unlike a certain lounge), with lots of breakfast things (all cold). Alas, Swiss are starting to feed my bad Nespresso habit (Which I developed in Seoul) – with a “Pro” Nespresso machine. 2 shots of that, and I was ready for anything after the crappy bed last night.

Lounge seating

My addiction

Also they opened a bottle of pop – and there was Movenpick Ice Cream.

Breakfast in Style. Don't look at me like that.

Well it would had been rude to say no… (A little rule for me – Bubbles takes precedence over Vodka).

Taking off...

Time alas passes and 6:45 rolled its way round and the “go to gate” command was issued. At that point, it was a matter of decamping myself, making sure I was properly tweaked on the caffeine (and boy I was!) and heading off to the far end of the A Gates.

Upon arrival it was time to face security although were busy - were quick and effective in their procedures. A quick collection of my junk, and at the gate where general boarding had commenced.

LX1952 Zurich Airport to Barcelona El Pratt Airport, 21/05/2011
Swiss International Airlines, Seat 7A, Economy Class
533 Miles Flown, 125 Miles Earned.

The Pictures

A Gutten Morgan, and I headed to my seat - in the first row after business class as I honestly could only guess what the transit arrangement would be like for BCN. The plane was filling up with people, but no one seemed to want to sit with me in the middle seat. So my friend in 7C and me in 7A had a bit of space to spread out in.

Soon enough, Boarding Complete was announced, and the doors closed, where upon the Swiss Safety Video was played in English. Other announcements were made in German (live) and pre-recorded in Spanish.

Lining up

After a short taxi, we joined the queue for takeoff, and soon enough the engines spooled up, and we were off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2lPjmw-Ad8

The plane climbed out, giving a wonderful view of the lake, the turned and headed for the Alps, Bern, Lyon and then onto Barcelona with the captain giving various announcements on the climb-out.

Zurich on climbout

After 10,000 the crew sprang into action, closing the cabin divider and commencing the breakfast service. Meanwhile down the back, preparations were made, and soon enough the trolley came to the front of the economy section for breakfast - which in economy was a Pan au Chocolate and since I needed a bit more caffeine in me - a Diet Coke.

Breakfast

Meanwhile outside, the Swiss Alps provided a lovely backdrop to a breakfast.

As the Alps turned into the French Countryside, a clear down and duty free run was done.

Meanwhile, I tried a GhettoIFE system without the paper bag. To some success with a power-sleeve attached

It sort of works.. Needs refinement later....

And then of course chocolate run....

Start counting them kids...

The crew were in good spirits, this being the first leg of the way, and were interacting with the passengers in four languages at least. Service took some time as an Airbus A321 is a pretty long aircraft.

Tracking the Med

As we tracked the Mediterranean coast the plane was prepared for landing, curtains were retracted, and the plane came in for a gentle landing at Barcelona El Pratt, with a short taxi to the gate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQN32H9eDM

A bong went off, and everyone begun the made scramble to get off the plane.

I thanked the Maitre De Cabine, and said “See you in 10 minutes”.
“Are you coming back with us?”
“Yes”
“Oh...”

A confused look, a smile , a hop a skip and a jump up the airbridge, and I was in Barcelona El Pratt Airport.

Overall: A good flight with an attentive crew, and a very different breakfast option. If United/Continental and Air Canada are watching this, have a look at the short haul breakfast. Now take a long hard look at that breakfast. It still whups the pants off the second service you lot offer....

Last edited by Kevincm; May 30, 2011 at 11:43 am Reason: Added Content.