View Single Post
Old May 29, 11, 8:17 pm
planemechanic
Suspended

I will NEVER rent from Budget rent-a-car again.

Rented a small SUV in London for 10 days. Drove fine the whole time, no problems, no accidents, nothing. Turned it in one cold morning (late December) back to the airport lot at Heathrow, collected my paperwork and was off. Three weeks later I get a charge on my credit card for $3,000. They claimed I put gasoline in their diesel engine and ruined the engine. I had fueled the day before and still had the receipt showing the correct fuel. Despite the fact that I had their paperwork showing no damage to the car, despite the fact that I had the fuel receipt showing the correct fuel they insisted it was my problem, not theirs. The refused to investigate the problem and it took me ten months to resolve it through my credit card.

To top it all off, after I won the dispute on my credit card they sold the "debt" to a London collection agency who then tried to collect. I ignored them, and it has been three years now. But I have heard of zombie debt resurfacing ten years later. So I doubt it is over.

Never, ever, will I rent from Budget in any country ever again.