FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 ER mini-reviews
View Single Post
Old May 29, 2011, 2:52 am
Aerosett

Originally Posted by libertyuk
- The seat itself was reasonably comfortable, plenty of elbow room, and it was nice facing outwards.
I've found the window seat to be quite good, it seems to have better leg/knee room than the outboard aisle seats.

Recline/tilt was a nightmare. It wasn't easy, even with instructions (and I don't consider myself incapable of managing complexity), because it got stuck. When returning to upright it took some forcing before slamming back.
I found the seat was stuck momentarily once, but didn't have any other issues beyond that one time.

Floor room was tight, I ended up using my cabin bag with a pillow on it for a footrest with the beanbag on my shoes to finish off. With the recline my shin was pushing against the seat in front. This wasn't comfortable and I squirmed a fair bit.
I didn't notice this at the time (there was more than enough locker space), but in hindsight, it is true there is little floor storage room, as the under seat area isn't really useable for stowage, unlike a conventional seat.

The IFE screen was either at a good distance and my neck had to twist or be in front of me and be far too close. It was so close i had to remove my contact lenses because they were overcompensating.
Definitely agree with this. Actually this was my main issue with the seat, funnily enough!

Food service was ok. I found it odd that the starter came out with dessert, which while delicious, sat on the tray for a good hour, because of the delay getting the mains.
This has been the norm in Premium Economy for as long as I remember, the dessert has been preset with the starter.

The food/drink service was good, but not quite what I had been led to believe with the publicity.
My understanding is that a lot of the perks have been watered down due to servicing time and the lack of fully functioning induction ovens.