FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Crack the case" Promo
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2011, 11:36 pm
Shareholder
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
This has been one of the more curious promotions of any hotel group. It served to make a lot of low-earning/low-stay PC members quite happy while pissing off those of us (mainly RAs) who stay over 50 nights a year and thus received pretty tough requirements (and in not a few cases, virtually impossible targets). In effect, the promo offered to double one's points balance as it appeared within a month of the invitation period.

While I expressed my doubts about hitting my high targets way back then, did managed to do so a month or more ahead of the closing date, but I was still pissed off at all the relative newbies whose offers were so easy to achieve and who picked up almost as many bonus points as I was offered.

Unsure what ICH's objectives were with this promo, though I know I sampled many HIs and HIXs I might never have stayed at (in my regular cities) and discovered a couple that I will return (or already have returned) to on future travels to certain cities.