FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - W Mexico City [Master Thread]
View Single Post
Old May 28, 2011, 8:57 am
Zephyr221

Programs: SPG Plat, Delta GM/Reserve
Trip report May 2011

This was my first time in Mexico City and the W there. I was there 5 nights for business. I was plat-upgraded to a fantastic suite. Lovely room. My only gripe is...I brought my partner with me and these rooms are not designed for 2 people if they have any difference in schedules. The shower/tub is essentially in the bedroom so if you have to wake up early at 6am for meetings like I did, there's no chance your companion will be able to sleep... minor design flaw not unlike other Ws.

We did, unfortunately experience quite a few problems with our stay. The power went off numerous times (seems like there was a generator problem) which also led to the TV being out for one night and about a 6 hour stretch with no air conditioning (which is not fun in DF!). Also the business center was closed due to a "private event" or "emergency repairs" depending on who you asked, which was quite frustrating.

All that said, the service more than made up for it. Stephen Hertzberg, one of the managers, was very apologetic and bought us dinner in the hotel restaurant (which is fantastic) and a round of drinks at the Whiskey.

Perhaps the best example of service was when my partner had a headache we went to buy some aspirin in the W store. The manager must have seen this because when we got back to our room there was a tray off coffees, snacks, and advil, aspirins, etc. waiting for us and a nice "feel better" note.

The service at the restaurant and Whiskey was amazing as were the food and drinks. I'm going to write off the issues as a one-off and I would definitely return. Amazing service makes all the difference IMHO.

I actually was shocked that the hotel car was often cheaper than a radio taxi and we used the hotel car to go to the Fridha Kahlo museum, dinners, etc.