FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What's your "loyalty" price max?
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2011, 9:03 pm
Darien Red Sox

Programs: Delta Sky Miles
A lot, have had bad experience with every other airline I have been on.

Ended up on Tower once (2 weeks before they went out of business) and it was the poorest run airline ever, the flight was overbooked by 3 or 4 times the aircraft's capacity, and they were still selling tickets, flight was first delayed 2 hours and then they called boarding and got everyone through security (you went through security at boarding time) and lined up then we were delayed even more because they were cleaning the plane. Next was when we got on board the movie was broken and it took the crew the whole flight to get everyone's drink served, they whispered to each other about each and every passenger as they served drinks, serving them in the order of people they liked. On the same trip we were on a US flight which almost crashed in a near miss and getting no acknowledgment from the crew and passengers were even hushed when the asked the crew what happened. I was a kid at the time and it took quite a few years before we flew again after this. Was on US another time (group travel I did not book it) and encountered the rudest FA of all time. Started flying DL and can say even for some one who dose not fly a lot they treat you well. FAs have always been nice, good Biskoff cookies, if there is a delay they tell you why and keep you up to date, and easy to earn miles that do not expire or force you to take a flight every year. Another big plus is that they go where I am going most of the time (ATL), when I use to check them next to Air Tran the price was cheaper by the time you paid for a seat and what ever other charges they would add on, I would not fly on Air Tran now that they are part of Southwest (ethical reasons).