FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Munich Airport MUC, Munich, Germany, LEAVING SPG 20 Jun '16 [Master Thread]
Old May 23, 2011, 9:24 am
banzani

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
Overall OK 1 night paid stay, my first at this property. However, few things VERY odd:

- Checkin there was a HUGE line, and no Plat counter available. Late evening with tired kids, not so nice. We decided to have dinner first (out hotel turn left, Pizza place after 5min on your right, 2 min more on your left decent local place). Upon return we still had to wait 15 minutes - overall a 90min delay on check-in

- had chosen to book the largest room (not suite) category to not having to rely on the upgrade when traveling with family. Oddly enough they gave us the room right above the entrance area, which would have been terribly noisy facing the street and all departing guests in the morning. Sorry, but as a Plat paying for this room category, that's really not acceptable. Had to go down again to change to smaller (yet no refund offered) room which did not have the extra bed but was garden-facing. So no up- but downgrade but at least this room was quiet in the morning, and overall a nice room with sofa bed large enough for 2 kids.

- In the morning we wanted to use the pool, but it turned out that at 9am people from surrounding villages are blocking the pool for baby swimming courses. Now that's a surprise ! Good for them, but as a paying guest that is hard to understand, especially at this hour. Given this is an airport hotel, I am sure doing the same at 14h00 or so would be much less of an issue. Plus, please tell me about it in advance, so I don't have to disappoint my own kids.

Mentioned these points at checkout, while the manager was apologetic no refund or compensation was offered. Did not ask or push, as I think it really only feels as a compensation if it is offered without asking.

On the upside, the hotel has nice rooms, breakfast is quite good, and given this is an airport hotel, it has nice surroundings. Parking is EUR 14, but you can park for free in the street that leads to the football pitch next door.