FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: The NEXUS Information Thread
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2011, 10:26 pm
Bago'peanuts

Programs: Walmart Super Elite
Originally Posted by emcampbe
Just wondering if there are any recent Nexus applicants around who can advise on the approximate wait times to be approved after applying through GOES.

My SO, a Canadian citizen, but US resident working on a work visa (H1-B), applied on April 26, which was three and a half weeks ago, and still is "pending review." She shouldn't really have anything to worry about with her history. Last I remember on this thread, the typical times seemed to be around 1-2 weeks? Anyone know if that has changed.

On a somewhat related note, I did have a friend tell me about 3 weeks ago that she got and accepted an offer to get a faster approval process - I think she said $50, and believe this was through GOES (SO did not get this option). Have not heard that mentioned here. If it makes a difference, friend is a Canadian citizen/resident.
Interesting, because my SO and i applied 16 days ago and we're still 'pending review'. Before we applied I heard of many mentioning a ten day period before approval for an interview was granted. Not sure why there should be any delay and I'm also wondering if something has changed. We're both US citizens.