FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Beaver Creek, Colorado REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 21, 2011, 10:16 pm
DeltaFlyingProf

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by blase
I'm taking my hubby to Colorado for his 40th bday May 28 - June 5. We're doing 2 nights in Denver and then three nights in Estes Park at a home that we're renting. But between the two, we need a destination for three nights, so I was thinking of the Hyatt Beaver Creek. FHR has a great deal right now for this property where you pay for two nights and get the third free, in addition to their regular benefits ($100 property credit, upgrade, etc.). I'm also trying to requal for diamond and a stay here would definitely help.

DH and I don't ski anyway, so I'm trying to determine if this is the type of place that only skiiers go to? Would you say there is enough to "do" here and in the immediate environs at that time of year? What will the Village be like? For example, I was reading about a slopeside restaurant that sounded good, but I doubt that will be open anymore in early June.

Guess there are a lot of questions here, but I'm just not sure if I'm "wasting" my time staying in a place like Beaver Creek when we don't even ski, and are going in off-season.
I would suggest you find some other place in Colorado. I spent one night there off season and found it dearly disappointing... I had planned to go for my birthday but have chosen to stay somewhere else instead.