FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You're going to like where we land." UA's New Ad Campaign
Old May 21, 2011, 9:18 pm
xzh445

Programs: MYOB
Originally Posted by Brasila
UA made the press in NYC with using retired UA Flt #'s and I hope this makes the press here too. What a ridiculous ad and the phrase on it is so ironic.
Well the ads are backfiring because COUA has gotten a lot of national and international press/media out of it's lack of sensitivity for using 9/11 flight numbers and now that wonderful ad across from ground zero.
Well the news outlets in NYC are having fun with it and most people they are interviewing are basically saying it was in bad taste and bad judgment. It does not make any difference who is responsible it is the impression that it leaves in people's minds regarding COUA. Reporter also mentioned what a rough weak COUA has had by using retired UA FLT numbers.

Perhaps we missed something. Please advise what flights were OPERATED (i.e. USED) with the flight numbers in quesiton? It was admitted that the numbers were loaded in error, and removed prior to being used. The company made an apology publicly, and specifically in this forum, yet it is necessary to prattle on in three separate posts with baiting and incorrect rhetoric? Pity.

The ad is being used throughout the city. Yes, the placement here was probably lacking. That too has been rectified. Attempting to link these two items, and then suggesting, as some have, that there is mal intent, either from a corporation, or individual shows a lack of reasoned thinking. Were they mistakes? Yes. Will there be more? Most likely, and reported here in great detail.
Slow news week I guess.

Last edited by xzh445; May 21, 2011 at 9:24 pm