FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]
Old May 20, 2011, 11:09 am
LondonAndy

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Wow, what a lot of over reacting.

If the title of the thread had been "what do you think of BA lounges" most would come back with, "OK" nothing special etc

Most airports now have decent bars, restaurants, free wifi etc so what exactly are you going to miss ?? Do you really object to having to pay £5-£10 for a drink and snack rather than raid it from a buffet style Terraces lounge ?

So, get real, if you are in the Regions and don't fly on BA then either buy a PP or go to the local bar.
I don't think that you'd find too many people saying that the lounges were "OK", particularly at LHR. Given that those, like me, who fund their flying out of their own pocket rather than business travel have a choice of who to fly with and choose BA, why take away something that is of minimal cost, and rarely used by most passengers? Surely they could have offered (say) 4 vouchers a year for use when not flying with BA and/or when you are going with family on holiday and need more than one guest?

I would love to be able to fly with BA to my home city but oh, they stopped flying there 10 years ago.....

I have a PP, and don't see how that is part of the equation...