FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - new lounge rules for gold? [End of Open Doors for Golds]
Old May 20, 2011, 10:30 am
itsmeitisss

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
I'm not going to comment on the rights and wrongs of this. But unfortunately some people have taken the benefit a bit too far by takng big bags full of food and drink, especially at LGW when they're travelling on easy jet.

Sorry for all those that this affects.
Well perhaps the rule about removing food and drink needs to be enforced now the strike is no more. Anyone contravening could have their GC removed. This is throwing the baby out with the bathwater. I have been a GC holder for 3.5 years and a GGL holder for 2. I have used Open doors twice in that time. I didn't pig out in the lounge at LGW when I was flying the horrors of a charter flight as BA didn't fly to where I needed to be, and I didn't remove anything from the lounge. I suspect that the removal of the benefit has nothing whatever to do with the hoarders and everything to do with freelance accountancy consultants who get a bonus for every £ they save. Of course the losses from this are more difficult to monetize so the consultancy are in a win/win whereas BA could end up on a lose/lose