FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "You're going to like where we land." UA's New Ad Campaign
Old May 19, 2011, 11:56 pm
fastair

Location: What I write is my opinion alone..don't read into it anything not written.
Originally Posted by TommyC80
It is still in poor taste and even more poorly thought out. Maybe if you lost a loved one in those towers you'd think differently about it...
It really isn't in poor taste at all, there are people who are attempting to link two separate events based on a proximity (how far does that proximity extend? The mosque was a few blocks away, and that made the news for weeks) and a manipulation of words ("land" in no way implies "crash into" in any normal person's vocabulary unlesss one is looking to find a fault and stretch a point.)

As to what I personally (or anyone else here) did or did not go through, lost, or did not lose, how would you know? I come from an extended family whose 4 closest relatives are all UA employees and have been for their entire careers. For you to assume that since I have coped well, that I knew noone that lost is taking liberties that are not based on any sound assumptions. Because I don't look for negative hidden meanings in everything for an event that is in the past shows my healthy copeing skills and an ability to not let one event a decade ago dictate the course of the rest of my life.

Words can be interpreted many ways, but the one who determines how they perceive them is not the sender of the words, but rather the one who receives them. How they choose to process them tells far more about them than about the original intent of the message sender, especially when the words are twisted and the location's proximity is different (and most likely not determined by the one who put the pen to paper.)