FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Indianapolis City Centre Hotel [Master Thread]
Old May 19, 2011, 8:04 pm
Kenji

Programs: A3*G, UA PP, MR LTTE, was HH/D now Gold
Thumbs up Sheraton Indianapolis Downtown Update

Arrival:
Very smooth, I took the IndyGo Green line service which takes you delivered in around 30 min direct infront of the entrance for $7. walk from hotel to malls, city center and convention center only one block.
Reservation was set correct, already upgraded to a suite room as Platinum benefit.

Room:
I have got a two room suite, nicely decorated, microwave and kitchenette. I guess it was newly renovated. the luaggage room is a bit tiny if you travel with the spouse, but there are pleanty options to leave your stuff.
The hotel takes part on the green choice program, so I declined housekeeping for one night. We will see if I will get some points for it (many others complained in other properties that no points or credit have been posted so far).

Breakfast:
took the buffet at circles cafe, it was ok. several other a la card options of hot stuff where available on reasonable prices around $10. I have got access for continental bf at the sheraton club lounge, but they finish at 9 am, so I took the restaurant where bf is available until 10:30am.

Sheraton Club:
I have got club acces as Platinum benefit. I have to say for non-elite members an upsell to club is worth the money.
very nice design (singapore style), 2 big plasma tv, free internet access (very good speed), continental bf, hors d'oevre featuring a hot selection, salad and snacks, cheese selection and californian wine tasting containing around 10 selection of red, white and rose wine - free of charge!
I think most *wood properties in the US charge even in club for drinks (this is an typical american thing), but not at sheraton dt indi.

Overall experience:
very nice and smooth, very good service for the money paid.