FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines
Old May 19, 2011, 3:25 pm
DL757ATL

Programs: DL SkyMiles (Silver), UA Mileage Plus, US Scareways, AA Advantage
Originally Posted by avidflyer
It is not that we do not believe they can make mistakes...I KNOW they can and do. The issue people have is that we continue to hear how this was "A lot of stress about nothing" blah blah blah yet the stress was caused by Delta.

Again, when about to spend $1200 and the person (CS rep IS Delta in this instance) say it will not earn...then what do you believe. All the armchair quarterbacks want to say essentially "you should have known they were wrong"...Think about that statement and then somebody tell me how this is anybody but DL's fault.

I would also say that given the reaction here if they were going to go with a zero/reduced mileage plan for the lowest fare they are probably re-thinking it. I know I would if I were in their spot right now.
I completely agree. My post was more directed towards the posters who were saying how this was another "unannounced, unethical change" when it could've just been a simple error. I also agree that this is completely DL's fault--I didn't say that it wasn't.

I give a big ^ and a +1 to the last part of your post...I would imagine that if this was ever their long-term plan that they're re-thinking it now after seeing some of our reactions.

DL757ATL