FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lowest Delta Fare Class does not earn MQMs? Yes It Does, Says Delta Air Lines
Old May 19, 2011, 3:17 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by DL757ATL
It seems that some people don't actually believe that this could just be a simple mistake. Knowing DL IT, I think that could be a legitimate possibility. If an IT bug goes through and allows E Fares (which were fares that previously did not earn MQMs) to be booked, than obviously the computer would show that the E fare wouldn't earn MQMs. It would hardly be an unannounced change if it was just a mistake (I'm not saying it wasn't intentional, I'm just saying that it simply could've been a mistake). Yes, DL has had a history of not announcing huge program-devaluing changes (and I think it's completely wrong and unethical) but, like I said, this could've just been a mistake. We shouldn't jump all over SMI and others who posted the internal DL announcement before we learn all the facts--I'm sure they'll leak out eventually.

DL757ATL
It is not that we do not believe they can make mistakes...I KNOW they can and do. The issue people have is that we continue to hear how this was "A lot of stress about nothing" blah blah blah yet the stress was caused by Delta.

Again, when about to spend $1200 and the person (CS rep IS Delta in this instance) say it will not earn...then what do you believe. All the armchair quarterbacks want to say essentially "you should have known they were wrong"...Think about that statement and then somebody tell me how this is anybody but DL's fault.

I would also say that given the reaction here if they were going to go with a zero/reduced mileage plan for the lowest fare they are probably re-thinking it. I know I would if I were in their spot right now.